Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bent, Broken and the Unknown-1/24 Class

In class this past Monday we discussed a whole heep of topics, mostly relating to thinking and rules.  It seems the same people are always giving there opinion, which is about a fifth of the class.  I'm hoping as the semester moves on more of us will give more input into the discussion.  I'm all for having discussions on many various topics and making us think, however I would prefer to have half of the class dedicated to discussions and the other half for doing something and not sitting in a chair, but that may just be my inability to sitting still for mor than five minutes.  One of the main topics we touched on in class was about rules of the world, for example the rule that a vehicle must stop at a red light.  I've found that rules are both good and bad, and they are meant to be bent and broken.  Rules in sports are neccesary to keep the game solidified, however when I've been playing in a baseball game, I would prefer to not strikeout.  Although strikeouts are neccesary, no player wants to do it.  Fuck the rule, I'm gonna stay at the plate until I hit the ball in fair territory.  If the ball is caught in the air, I don't want to be "out", I'll keep on running the bases until I want to stop.  I can't do it and wouldn't do it becasue it's a major rule of the game and people would get pissed and think I was retarded or something.  That is just one rule I'm not fond of, but it is neccesary.  What about the rule about paying for stuff?  I don't wanna do that, give me that shit for free.  Here are some other rules that suck: gravity, being nude in public, being drunk in public, pretty much doing anything fun in public, time, holidays, drugs, parking, careers, science, diving in the shallow end, speed limits, anything illegal, etc....

No comments:

Post a Comment