Wednesday, February 2, 2011

1/31/11 Class Discussion & More

     Concept vs. Final Product in Projects - The initial concept of anything with go through many changes from ideas that first pop into your head until you get the concept just right for what you want to do.  If you really think about an idea, your concepts will change and go through many phases to extract the bad and perfect the good.  Once concept is completed to the point where you are ready to begin production of a project, your concept will obviously continue to change.  There are many pieces that go into any project and each piece must fit just right (in your own mind and creative thought) to complete the project.  I notice that when I begin to a project with the intent to stay close to my original concept, by the time I have completed the project nothing is the same or as I originally had planned.

     During our class meeting last Monday, January 31st we discussed our "What We See Projects" and I found most of the ones we discussed as well as the ones I view through our blogs were quite boring, including my own.  I know a blog is primarily meant to be read with only visuals to enhance the reading, but we are mostly New Media students.  In my mind I wish I had done something different fro my project, I was originally going to do some sort of video, but the lack of time I have to do things let me to do what most students did and write something and show a visual.  The felt the class discussion on Monday was boring, in that I was literally trying to keep up with the conversation but it was too dull that I found myself peaking out the window and daydreaming about other things.  This usually doesn't happen to me and I can concentrate on what is going on around me most of the time, but this discussion didn't seem to have a whole lot of solid substance.  That's just my opinion, or maybe I was just having a bad day, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment